family

family

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Heather and the terrible very horrible awful bad day

Yesterday was a TERRIBLE day. Sunday was perfect yesterday was just awful. I won't post the details as to protect the innocent in future years. BUT BOTH kids were super whiney all day. Ben wanted to eat every 2 hours. Sofie was sick and when she sneezed well, it wasn't pretty and she was sneezing like 75 times and hour. She asked to go to bed early, so I put her in bed before lunch. Then I fed Ben and tried to put him down while Sofie just played in her crib. Finally after an hour or so I got Ben to sleep. I put Ben in the swing asleep but not buckled in b/c he is 3 months old and asleep. THEN I run upstairs to get Sofie and tell her to come eat lunch since she is just playing and not sleeping and lets just say that she learned how to take off her diaper by herself. SO I take her out of the crib and am taking out all of the sheets when I hear screaming downstairs, I run to get Ben and well I won't ever not buckle him into the swing every again. I run back up to get Sofie, get all the stuff out of the crib, give her lunch and then put her down for a nap and Ben down for a nap. Then I go down for a nap - I wake up 10 minutes later to Ben crying and Sofie playing. Sofie and Ben never do take a nap, I feed Ben again and put him down to play, get Sofie up and give her a snack and then we all go outside for a walk in the FREEZING cold just to get out of the house for one minute. After an hour I try to get the kids back in but of course Sofie throws a tantrum because she doesn't want to go inside even though it is like 14 outside - she has been making snow angles and she starts screaming more snow angles more snow angels - like an hour of making snow angels in 14 degree weather is not enough. So I get her inside and she continues to cry probably because she never napped then Ben starts crying and I feed him and let him and Sofie play in the basement while I get dinner ready. As soon as dinner is over I try to get the kids in a bath and down for the night since they didn't really nap. Well then the crying starts from both kids and didn't stop until Erich finally decided to show up around 730. Then he put Sofie down while I took care of Ben and that was the end of the terrible horrible very bad day. WHEW

No comments:

Post a Comment