family

family

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Paci Failure

Sofie has had a pacifier in her crib for nap time and night time her entire life. Once she could put the paci in her mouth by herself, we threw like 8 paci's in the crib so she could just reach around and grab one in the middle of the night. Once she reached the age of 2 and started getting those 2 year old molars she started chewing on the pacis. Chewing on them lead to breaking them. She broke them until there were only 2 left. I told her that we weren't buying any more, that once she broke them they were gone and there would be no more so she better protect them. Well she broke one right away and was down to just one paci. That one paci has been hanging around for four months.

Well today... it happened. She broke the last paci, I am suspecting it is because she is working on the top molars now. So anyway it took her an hour to fall asleep for nap and about two hours for night time. I finally relented and gave her one of Ben's pacis at night time. I was feeling so bad for my poor girl, I mean she is only 2 after all and she is all alone in her crib without her paci. I feel like she has had so many other things she has had to do that it just seemed mean. Sigh I am a wimp - but she is still a baby after all right!? Its not like she is going to college with it - it is messing up her teeth a bit, but she doesn't stand a chance with that anyone right, both Erich and I had tons of dental work.

So for now, she still has a paci - she was so happy when I brought it up she said "this is not a blue paci, its a green paci and this parts yellow" (the handle is yellow) and then she went right to sleep. Little sweet pea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment