family

family

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend in the Hood

We had the best weekend ever in Cameron Station. The weather was PERFECT. It was in the 80's and sunny. Saturday was the Cameron Station pool party. We started off the day by walking through the Cameron Station Art Festival and then making our way over to the pool by 11. I have made so many great friends with kids here that its really really nice to walk around and know everyone and their kids. Sofie has so many little friends to play with every time we walk out the door.

We immediately ran into Sonya and Nadia and Brady and Katie. Sofie looooves them. She is really starting to get to know and to like the other kids too. JJ and Pam and Cooper and Maggie and Abby and Maddisyn. She ran around the pool and played and screamed and jumped.

Oh side note - this past Wednesday was Nadia's third birthday party. They had pizza at the party and Sofie climbed into the toy box and yelled "MOMMY FEED ME IN THE BOX" Everyone died laughing and brought it up again at the pool. Crazy girl. I just rolled my eyes and was like I am NOT feeding you in the box.

Ok back to the pool party, Sofie then ran from the pool to the BBQ area because they had bounce houses which she calls "sport bounces" she was all "I want to sport bounce daddy!" She wouldn't even stop to eat So she started to have a complete meltdown around 1pm. She was screaming and crying and nothing would make her happy. I finally just had to toss her in her crib and tell her to go to sleep! She slept for 2 and half hours!!!! Erich and Ben slept for 2 and half hours too. I enjoyed some time to myself to walk around the festival :).


Today we went out to Arlington with Noah and Lori and we went to the spray park. It was the best park I have seen in the DC area. A huge playground, sandbox and water spray park. We had a blast playing with them and Sofie loooved the sandbox.

This afternoon we went to the pool with my new friends, Sonya, Becky, Kelly and Tracy and their kids and husbands for pizza and beer at the pool. It was so great, Sofie had a blast. She can jump into the pool now with no one holding on and she and Erich were playing in the pool almost the entire time. They ordered pizza but also had cookies. I couldn't get Sofie to eat pizza to save my life because of those damn cookies. mmmm cookies.

Anyway it was a great weekend hanging out in Cameron Station and we really enjoyed the pool, kids and parents. :) Ben had a good time too, he was in a great mood too, now I just hope he stays that way for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment