family

family

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Funny Sofie

I just wanted to post some silly stuff Sofie says -

Sofie LOVES to tell daddy to take his shirt off - we aren't sure why but every time he is where a shirt she says "Take your shirt off daddy!!" for the first time this has transferred now to other people. We went to the pool on Saturday and Sofie was telling her little friend Brady "Brady, take your shirt off Brady!" haha, Brady's dad Chris helped him to take it off! At some point this will be inappropriate, but right now it is funny :)

Sofie also LOVES her little brother right now. She is so proud of him for his new accomplishments I just hope it stays that way forever! He had his first popsicle yesterday and Sofie was yelling "He did it!!!! YAY BENDY YAY!" and she was just as excited as if she had done something new. Ben is also sitting up now and she screams with excitement and claps for him every time he does it. Yesterday I left the two of them in the basement alone while I packed us up for the pool and I could hear her first reading to him, she was reading "Panda Bear Panda Bear what do you see". Then I heard screaming and laughing and I went downstairs to see what was going on - Sofie was yelling "Mommy! He said MA MA!" and Ben was cracking up laughing and saying "MA" and every time he said "MA" Sofie would scream with delight. It was SOOO adorable. Ben just adores her and gives her the biggest smiles when she seems him and Sofie loves it when he smiles and laughs at her, she will scream with laughter and delight every time.

Barth is also getting alot of love these days. Sofie hugs him tight and says "good dog Barth good dog" (she also will yell "BARTH!" in the exact way that I yell at him when he is in trouble). She also tries to pick him up all the time and she tries to tell him what to do, or to give him sticks or crayons to play with and color with or grass to eat. She also loves to feed him so if she sees his bowl is empty she fills it and then some with his dog food. Ben also loves Barth and Barth seems to love him just as much. Ben gives Barth huge smiles and he is always trying to grab his fur. Barth loves to lay down next to Ben and lick his face which makes Ben crack up. So little Barth is making his way back into the fold. It is nice that it is nice outside too and he can walk with us and go to the playground where he gets tons of attention too.

Sofie finally loves Mommy and Me and Lily the nanny who watches Ben on Tuesdays while we go to Mommy and Me. Sofie for the first time walked with Lily and Zach to get Emily from the bus while I stayed home. Normally she says "No I want to stay with Mommy, Mommy Mommy!!!" So yesterday she finally went and you would have thought she discovered gold, she was SO excited that Emily arrived on a school bus. She could not wait to tell me about it - "MOMMY!! EMILY WAS ON A BUS!!" then all day she wanted to ride on a bus and hear the Wheels on the Bus song and to talk about busses. It was so adorable.

Sofie has also shocked me recently with her crazy memory. It was raining one day and I was ransacking the house looking for Sofie's Texas rain jacket. I couldn't find it and finally I said to Sofie - Sorry I don't know where your Texas jacket is, and Sofie looked at me and said "Texas jacket is in the wagon, in the garage" and I just looked at her dumbfounded. I went into the garage and looked in the window and lo and behold - there it was!! So now I just ask Sofie where things are. Today she said " I want to take my binoculars (BANOCULARS) to school. I said, "Ok where are they?" and she said "BANOCULARS are downstairs". And there they were.

Ben is also doing lots of new stuff!! As noted above he sits up and now and he says "MA" and he says "Blah blah blah blah blah" and he laughs like crazy and is great eater and super snuggly. He was sick this past week which was super sad, throwing up and crying in stomach pain, but he was such a good sport about it, he was in a good mood in between throw ups - poor guy. Between that and Sofie continuing to explore the world of poop there has been a lot of laundry going on in this house.

Anyway - I feel pretty lucky to be the mom of two of the worlds cutest and nicest kids :)

No comments:

Post a Comment